I got into podcasts through the literary craft-friendly ones like Craftlit and Forgotten Classics, (both often referred to here) and I now seem to be downloading hours’ worth every day of many different types and topics.(Why no, I can’t really keep up!) It was actually Julie on Forgotten Classics (in the USA, ironically enough) who pointed out that RTE are podcasting their documentary archive, including old and new works. Having grown up in Ireland I appreciate the local references, and sometimes it’s good to be able to discuss programmes with my mother that she’s heard on the radio, but these are so very varied that anyone could find some to interest them.
- Blood of the travellers – RTE documentary (politics.ie)
- Up to Speed (kaet.wordpress.com)
- SkillPages make TV debut! (skillpages.com)
- Obamamania is Ireland’s chance to get new EU deal (guardian.co.uk)
- RTÉ on hosting Eurovision 2012: “that’s a bridge we’ll cross on Sunday if we need to.” (sluggerotoole.com)
- Radio review: The John Murray Show; Morning Ireland; Today with Pat Kenny (guardian.co.uk)