For the past couple of days I’ve been dithering about what to make from the giant ball of yarn my mother sent, especially considering it’s synthetic and the weather’s warming up here. It’s variegated like sock yarn often is, and so anything lacy was out – I’ve tried sock yarn lace before, and in my opinion it just looked like a mess.
So for now, since the weather’s gone cool again, I’m doing DD a moebius scarf. No ruffles so far, like I’ve done on the ones I’ve made myself, but I’m making it somewhat wider than she needs now (which is why I haven’t just bound off as you see it in the picture), so that she can use it next winter too. She’s asleep, so I don’t have a picture of it on, but I’m pleased so far.
I’m coming up with ideas for matching items too, until it gets too hot. Watch this space…
- Not crocheting a cushion (kaet.wordpress.com)
- Quick And Easy Hand Knitted Scarf (mummylovestea.wordpress.com)
- Crochet musings (kaet.wordpress.com)
- New Pattern Release: Aviator Scarf (remilyknits.wordpress.com)
- WIP Wednesday! (sweetteaviolist.wordpress.com)